Sunday, May 8, 2011

You haven't seen the best of me yet.
















5th of May 2011                   

Woke up at 4am took a shower, straightened my hair and brush my teeth. We set off at 5.30am, there was no traffic along EDSA, which is quite strange! My first time to see terminal 3 of Manila Airport. (FYI: I know what its called but I don't want to say the other name of that airport as I don't understand why we have to change the name MIA to NAIA.) Terminal 3 is way better than terminal 1, why do they not use the terminal 3 for European bound?

Anyways, had breakfast after checking in. Had calamansi juice and omelet for breakfast, it was lovely! although I already manifesting signs and symptoms of PUD... I still opted for Calamansi juice.

While in the Cebu Pacific aircraft, I must say, the stewardess are all good looking. They are always smiling and It was nauseating at some point. I was expecting for the flight attendants to dance on one of Lady Gaga's song while demonstrating the safety features of the aircraft. But they didn't! Why??? this is why I chose Cebu Pacific over Philippine Airlines!

I consider myself a frequent flyer... but not here in the Philippines, this is my first domestic flight in my homeland which is such a shame. I was quite alarmed when I saw smokes coming from the ceiling of the aircraft, maybe its their way of showing off that they are decompressing the aircraft or something. I honestly don't know. But people in the aircraft who I think experienced flyer are not bothered about it. So it calms me a bit. The dutchman and I took a picture but smoke doesn't show on the pictures.

The coffee mocha in Cebu Pacific is a must try. The Dutchman had a beer but its only 8am, he's quite apprehensive I understand.

We arrived in Puerto Princesa, Palawan safely.
The smell of fresh cut grass... its a bliss!

We were greeted by the locals and our tourist guide named Jeza gave us a garland made of sea shells and a capiz with a picture of Subterranean River. We travelled in style like a proper tourist on our way to our way to Microtel, our hotel. Not to brag but Microtel has its own beach view unlike the Legend Hotel or the Asturias to name a few popular ones.

Whist I was at the front desk of Microtel registering, the Dutchman already roamed around and found the  beach at the back of our hotel. Not to brag but Microtel has its own beach view, unlike the Legend Hotel or the Asturias to name a few popular ones. Its not check in time until 2pm, so we hang around at the back of our hotel. It was gorgeous! White sand with a hint of red, clear water... clearer than NWASA!  It was such a post card picture-esque. The Dutchman cant contained himself and had his feet dipped in the water.

The Tourist guide came back and took us in a van together with 3 other people for a city tour. We saw: 1. Puerto Princesa' own version of Manila' Bay walk minus the snatchers and untrusting people and also with clear pristine water instead of smelly dark water of Manila Bay.
2. Immaculate Conception Cathedral
3. The famous Plaza Cuartel
4. Mitra's Ranch
5. Bakers Hill
6. Binuatan Weaving Center (which I tried to weave for camhoring purposes)
7. Crocodile Farm with mini zoo (cuddled a crocodile, also for camhoring purposes)
8. We went to a souvenir shop and showed my haggling skills to the Dutchman. We bought Lamayo (dried Danggit) and my favourite Dried Labahita.

We didn't go to Butterfly farm, don't know why! But it was on the itinerary. I didn't ask as Im not bother at this point cause Im already exhausted and Im having abdominal pain so I asked the tour guide to take us to Mercury drug. I bought Buscopan, Ranitidine and Gaviscon. I am so well drugged.

When we got to our hotel, had a freshed up and had a dinner by the pool beneath the stars in front of the beach. Had seafood sisig and seafood kare-kare and blue marlin fish covered with mustasa.

Im loving Palawan then even though I have not seen anything yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment