Tuesday, May 3, 2011

That Sign Board

I really wanted to go to Coron I heard its the most beautiful place in Palawan. My brother gave me an iterinary for Puerto Princesa, So I tried calling this travel agent, hoping she can shed a light and help me fulfil my plan. I spent the morning arguing with the travel agent, using my Vodafone UK roaming cellphone ( I don't want to imagine how much it will cost me when I get to England.) I think her name is Lisa, she just woken up and was yawning over the phone at me, I know Im boring but... We are talking business here! So when we finally arrived on a hazy plan, she said she will call me back about the clarification or something... I told her she needs to contact my Brother (my brother works for a very popular tourist spots in Bataan and has connections to travel agencies) if she has further queries as Im using my roaming number. She seemed a little pissed off as I told her to communicate with my brother rather than to handle the business myself. Well... she can bloody talk to me if she can call me at my Vodafone roaming number! Simple isn't.


I honestly find it difficult to organise an out of town travel that includes an air flight in the Philippines as you have to pay an airfare separately from the tour itself. And according to Lisa, they don't normally have the package I chose for Coron, what's the point of posting it to their website then? I wonder! 


In the end, I gave up fighting for what I want for 3 reasons. First, going to Coron means we have to travel in a smaller aircraft good for 15 people I know the Dutchman will not be very pleased as he has big problem flying in a smaller aircraft. Second, The package we want to do in Coron,  is unavailable most of the time as I mentioned above. Third, I don't like Lisa, the travel agent. 


Had lauriat  at Chowking for lunch, had it delivered of course!


Finally, our neighbourhood manicurist called Tata made an appearance after 4 days of chasing her. Had my nails done the Dutchman was refusing and not interested and at first but he gave it a go afterwards and commented that he has the cleanest toe nail ever. He didn't had a manicure as he said his hands are sacred... whaevah! 


A sudden gush of rain! Looks like there was a typhoon. Most of the people in our neighbourhood are outside according to the Dutchman. The kids playing in the rain whist adults are on the roof cleaning and making sure that the roof stays on. The Dutchman asked me if he can go up our rooftop to have a shower in the rain. It was an experience, I think. He said he did shower in the rain when he was a kid, but I doubt it. According to a superstition in the Philippines... first rain shower in May will protect you from prickly heat. Hmm... lets see.


 Most of the time, I wake up early when Im in the Philippines, excepts when I got in drunk of course. The Dutchman seemed to don't comprehend it. I love my siesta, an afternoon nap is a must! Reminds me of my childhood really, it is a requirement to have an afternoon nap when we are growing up to grow taller, thats what my mother used to say!   


The Dutchman woke me up, he said he's hungry and we need to buy some groceries. So I got up and took him to one of our street corner and rode a Tricycle! Its the Dutchman's first tricycle ride, bless him, he was crunch down and he said "I don't hope this thing goes to motorway! This is dangerous!" I took him to Monumento, Grand Central. Since its such a hotspot and a center for anything you need fake, there are lots of beggars, a couple of old lady begging on the street. Again, it melts my Dutchman's heart.  He said "they are as old as your Mom, I need to do something." After we had dinner at Goldilocks, (I must say its not the Goldilocks I used to know the standard is appalling.) We had a little grocery, mostly drinks but not alcoholic. 


The Dutchman bought some Goldilocks mamon and a bottled water for the two old lady whose begging for alms. 


When we got home I told my brother about it and my brother assured him. I think, most of beggars in Manila are street smart... I mean, street smart!!! You have to be careful out-smarting them.


My sister arrived from work, with a big attitude! 


By the  way, I bought a red TOMS shoes in England. I think I bought it for £30 or 2000php but in Grand Central you can buy it for 300php and the lady said she can sold it to me for 280php or £4. It looks like a very good copy! But I wont settle for anything less. 


Spent some serious talking at the hammock in our rooftop with the Dutchman regarding Filipino family as a whole. Told him some interesting stories about my mom and dad as we are over looking the NO WORRIES big sign board in front of Eternal Gardens (where my Mom and Dads final resting place). Its quite interesting, actually, I take it personal... I believe that my parents are constantly reminding me and my brother and sister to not to worry about them and not to worry about the future. They are constantly reassuring us. The Dutchman spoke to my brother few day back and my brother told him the same. Quite strange, I haven't talk to my brother about this very personal sign board. 





No comments:

Post a Comment