Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Real 12 of May 2011, Boracay




















12 of May 2011

It appears to be I was busy this morning as I have a lot of things in my mind regarding politics and some system that irritates me as I stated from my 2 previous blogs.

Politics is not my cup of tea, nor anything fake.

As I was saying... we (my sister Diana, the Dutchman and I) are on our way to Kalibo, Aklan  to see what the heck is all about this little white sand island called Boracay. I was hesitant to go to Boracay everybody knows that its a "party island". Thats why Im not so keen. Its like a Benidorm of Spain, its a tourist destination where chav people go to. I have a feeling its one of the tackiest place to be.

When we reach Kalibo Airport, we got pick up  by Southwest Bus Company. We travelled for 2hours by land. Then they dropped us off a place appears to be a waiting area, owned by Regency Hotel. They offered us a cold drink and a cold towel to freshen up and after 10 minutes, they took our luggage and they lead us to a speed boat with Regency Hotel sign on it. Then after 20 minutes we arrived to another port, they moved our luggage again and we got told to ride this Regency van. Finally after 10 minutes... We are in front of the Regency Hotel.

Initially I thought, Oh dear we are quite far from the sea and this hotel is quite average. After we checked in. A guy took our luggage and lead us to our room.

Our room was amazing, the loo is lovely and we have a pool access just 3 steps from our room... that 3 steps BTW is our balcony.

We are all starving, so we went to D' Mall and had some "paluto"...Dampa style. We had 2 kilos of king prawns, 2 kilos of tulya, 4 pieces of medium size fish one of it was Lapu-lapu. Our dinner is delicious!

When we are all watered and fed. We had a splashed in the pool just outside our room  then explored the white long beach maybe just 30 steps from the pool . Water was crystal clear but not as clear as Palawan.  Lots of young people and "Young-Ladies-with-foreign-older-boyfriend" In which criteria do I fall under? Well my Dutchman is definitely not old and I am not so young. Also, I think we both have a disposable income. Shhh...

We explored the night life but not in a club but we spent the night walking to the beach from station 2 to station 1 with a bottle of white wine in my hand. It was the best idea I think.

While we are having a little bite and a little drink somewhere, the Australian couple we met in Palawan turned up and told us about how great Boracay is and they have done this and that. I was a little pissed off as I feel that they were just talking to the Dutchman, so I just looked at them from head to foot then pretended that they are not there in front of me and showed them that I was bored with their presence. Next time I will be much ruder! But I don't think the Dutchman will go with it. By the way, She was still wearing that cheap looking bodycon dress she was wearing when we first met them in Palawan.

Headed back to our hotel and jumped into the pool.

So far so good, Im liking the place. But if we are not staying at Regency Hotel... it will be a different perception.

No comments:

Post a Comment