Sunday, May 1, 2011

1/20 Must Do In the Philippines




Day 2, 30th March 2011

Went to introduce the Dutchman to my Aunt Nita who lives just  seconds away from our house. My Cousin Carol was not there.

The Dutchman was upset about a child playing with a very young kitten. Don't want to go into details but he ended up getting involved and killed the kitten himself. I understand the Dutchman as he always love animals and has a soft spot especially for cats.


Before we went to Fort Bonifacio, we visited My mom and dads grave just to let them know that I'm here. The Dutchman thinks its a city of dead people as it was big and it looks like a proper park. (it is sort of!) 

Also this day we went to Old Manila, they now called it Fort Bonifacio or Intramuros... with My family and sporting same Union Jack printed T-shirts I got from England and travelled travelled in style, in a jeepney  of course! Then we caught the traffic in Divisoria and felt like it was not a brilliant idea. My brother have a copy of 20 MUST DO IN PHILIPPINES and riding a jeepney to Intramuros was included. We had a walking tour from Intramuros to Luneta (Rizal Park). Saw the sounds and light show and introduced the Dutchman to Jose Rizal's guards. 

You might love you might frown walking round Manila, today was an experience to the Dutchman, not just about the tour in Intramuros, but the story to tell behind every people who live in the streets of Manila. It melt his heart. I was born in Metro Manila, seen them all my life. I was tougher because of it and its so sad as I cant do anything about it. I just blame it to the Politicians, and I hate politics in the Philippines! 

After Luneta park, we had our dinner at Dampa along Coastal road... I think the Dutchman had fun, he loves mussels and shrimps. Seeing it fresh is an experience. 

Had Starbucks at Mall of Asia, my family's favourite coffee shop. 

Again, the Dutchman complained about the Taxi drivers way of driving.

We arrived home late, had a thorough shower to washed away the Manila's pollution.

No comments:

Post a Comment