Saturday, May 14, 2011

Island Hopping Adventure

7th of May 2011 (day 3)

Today we went on island hopping at the Honda Bay or Hunda Bay or Unda Bay as they call it before. We got pick up from our hotel at 7.45 just after breakfast, We met Aling Dina as our guide and chef. We hired goggles and scuba gear along the way. I'm afraid my camera is quite big thats why I was unable to hire a camera case. Thanks to Isko Onde for reminding me to bring a smaller camera for underground cam-whoring purposes ...not! But he was very helpful reminding me with other things.

Armed with SPF 50 and additional 30%. First stop, we went to Sta. Lourdes Wharf and waited for our boat to take us to a makeshift floating island to see  the coral reef they are disgustingly beautiful! ...appreciated it more when I stayed in the water longer. The Dutchman cannot be found at this point as he's enjoying it too much, I think he forgot I was with him. I was preoccupied too, thats why I dont mind. I swam with small and big school of fish. I even saw Nemo!

Second stop, The Snake Island taken by its name, it is a snake like shape! Didn't see any snake though. Here we enjoyed feeding the fish with bread. While our tour guide busy making our lunch. Just two steps from the sand you can see small school of fish and when you ask one of the boys who manages the "bangka" they will take you further and see the bigger school of fish! It was amazing!

I dont feel well all day but I don't want my abdominal pain get in the way of fun. I load myself up with loads of medications!

Third stop, The Pandan Island this Island is privately owned by the Legend Hotel, no one stays in this island overnight. The island is gorgeous! We saw starfish, loads of them... dead! :(

As we reach Sta. Lourdes wharf at 5pm, I vomited my lunch. You see I'm not well.

Went back to Microtel, swam in the pool for half an hour and went to our hotel room, the Dutchman was nagging at me for pushing myself to much.

We had dinner at Puerto Prinsesa's Famous restaurant called Ka Lui. If you don't have a reservation you cant get in! Thank's to Jezza, she was one of the Maple Tour's girls who sorted our dinner reservations at Ka Lui.

As our hotel is quite far from the town there's a van that can take us in any restaurant in the town. In the van, on our way to Ka Lui there was a group of young people, quite educated young people but they talk like they are texting each other. Like: Busy na me. "I'm Busy" instead of saying "ako" they will say me instead. I hate it! The other kid was keep on going on and on about the life in London eg: when someone invited you for a dinner in England people will go "dutch treat" unlike in the Philippines, if you invited me therefore its your treat!  And the different terminology we use in England like handover, how they pronounce certain antibiotics etc. And some infection control, and patients confidentiality blah, blah, blah.... Anyways, when we reach Ka Lui, I asked the kid where is he from... he replied, "I worked in London",  I stared at him from head to foot. In my mind I told him to "shut up!"

We left our Havianas as we came in at Ka Lui' everybody was bare feet even the waiters. We ordered Tubattaha salad composed of fruits, nuts, fresh tuna and chili! it was unique. I feel That restaurant is too overrated, the food was alright. I can say I had better.

To finished the night, I phoned a room service for a traditional "hilot" or body massage. While the Dutchman was rubbing elbow with some rich people in our hotel. He even got an invitation to stay in Tagaytay and for a game of golf.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment